I first tasted these at a summer time baby shower, prepared in whole wheat tortillas and with chopped sweet onion. The first time I tried the recipe in our kitchen, I switched to the milder flavour of green onions and, when we serve this rather rich treat at December holiday gatherings, I use the green/spinach tortillas to play on the festive colour theme.
This is yet another recipe that you can prepare a day or so before an event; then, shortly before your guests arrive, or before you depart with this appetizer as your contribution to a gathering, all you need do is remove the rolls from the refrigerator, slice the pinwheels and place them on a serving plate.
- light, spreadable cream cheese -1.25 cup /approx. 275 g
- feta cheese – 1 cup / 250 g, crumbled
- “Craisins” (dried cranberries) -3/4 cup / 170 g, chopped
- green onions -1/4 cup / 50 mL finely chopped
- spinach tortillas – four large
- Combine the two cheeses, craisins and green onions in a mixing bowl, stirring well
- Using one quarter of the mixture per tortilla, spread the mixture on four large tortillas
Refrigerate before serving
- Roll each tortilla and wrap individual tortillas in plastic
- Place the four rolls in the refrigerator for at least an hour; I’ve prepared the rolls as early as a couple of days before an event
- Unwrap each roll and slice in bite-sized portions. Enjoy!
You may also be interested in …
- Date and Goat Cheese Appies / Pinchos – The Exceptional EA in the Kitchen (exceptionalea.com)
- Cranberry Sweet Potato Soup (exceptionalea.com)
- Caulifower Casserole (exceptionalea.com)
- Chocolate Refrigerator Cookies – The Exceptional EA in the Kitchen (exceptionalea.com)
- Scones – The Exceptional EA in the Kitchen (exceptionalea.com)