Event planners: Here’s a sampling of Shelagh’s technology presentations, any of which she’ll happy customize for your conference or onsite training needs.
For details on any presentation, just click on the “+” sign alongside the topic title. To collapse a presentation abstract, just click “-“.
ADAPTING WITH TECHNOLOGY
We routinely hear about artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics, and how all these advances are expected to transform not only the way business is done, but society itself. There are other changes on the horizon, as well. What do all these changes mean for the assistant’s career, and what skills will assistants need in order to continue to add value? Time will tell, but emotional intelligence and complex problem solving skills alone likely won’t be enough. Assistants will also want to continue to adapt and refine their skill sets.
In the midst of uncertainty, one thing assistants can do is work on their resilience. That’s good for an individual, and also good for their clients, colleagues and employers. Join Shelagh for a look at how adaptability, lifelong learning and networking nurture one’s resilience and capacity to add value in times of change.
- Gain perspective on the Fourth Industrial Revolution and an overview of tech advances
- Examine how tech advances have already impacted the career, and what skills will remain relevant
- Explore how to nurture your resilience through adaptability, lifelong learning and peer networks
Executives and boards are paying attention because cybersecurity is critical to an organization’s ability to deliver on its strategic plan. Astute assistants will also want to pay attention, particularly since EAs are among those specifically targeted by cyber criminals.
Join Shelagh for a breakdown of cybersecurity terminology, a look at how breaches occur, and the potential ramifications for your employer. We’ll wrap up with a review of practical, proactive measures you can take to mitigate risks in the office and at home.
- Get the latest updates on cybersecurity risks
- There's more to cyber crime than phishing: learn a bit of the language
- Consider whether your practices are inadvertently creating risks
- Understand how you can mitigate risks at home in the office
It's not that long ago that pundits were questioning whether the internet would have much impact on the retail and media sectors. We now know the answer, and there are projections that we may soon look back in the same way on today's questions about blockchain technology.
As with all revolutions, this one is impacting both personal and business lives. Alexa, Cora and Siri aren’t simply names any more; they’re among the AI products bearing human monikers. Since AI is projected to increase gross domestic product (GDP) around the globe, astute business leaders are assessing both risks and opportunities associated with digital breakthroughs and disruption.
Astute assistants are doing the same, rather than resting on their EQ laurels. Join Shelagh for a discussion of the administrative career in light of these tech advances, and how to build and maintain resilience in these times of change.
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of IR4.0, the Fourth Industrial Revolution and Blockchain technology
- Consider the ramifications for your career 5 and 10 years out; where will you add value?
- Identify resources to help you adapt
- Identify how to establish or maintain boundaries between your personal and business lives
- Consider how inter-generational mentorships can benefit everyone; explore potential for tapping into (or being!) a Millennial digital mentor
To have Shelagh contact you for a discussion of your needs, click here
Click here if you’d like to see what assistants, conference organizers and clients have to say about the training Shelagh delivers.
Shall we talk? To discuss your plans and needs, drop an email to ExceptionalEAs@gmail.com or click here to send an online request.