Based in Vancouver, Canada, Shelagh (pronounced “Sheila”) Donnelly is a professional speaker and trainer. She works with professional associations and with assistants who want to be exceptional in their careers.
Assistants respect that Shelagh brings not only education and experience as a corporate trainer but also the credibility that comes from having walked their walk in both the private and public sectors. She spent the past 21 years in higher education, and the last decade of that period as a governance professional. Over the course of her career, Shelagh has been a direct report to four CEOs, one COO, a Treasurer and a couple of VPs, and accountable to four Board Chairs.
A natural networker and connector of people, she’s been a mentor within a US professional association. Shelagh has led numerous committees and initiatives and served two terms as the Chair of a national board of directors. She writes for a number of publications, and her Weekend Polls and Real Careers interviews are hugely popular.
Long active in Canadian and American professional associations, Shelagh brings her positive approach to professional development: think strategically, hone communication skills, strive for efficiencies and enjoy what you do.
Shelagh presents on a range of themes, from meetings and minutes to governance, cybersecurity and digital disruption.
She brings insightful and inspiring thoughts on career management, communications, networking, organisational skills, professional presence, social media for the wary, and working with boards.
Shelagh will customize her presentation for your conference or onsite training needs. For a consultation, click here or drop an email to email@example.com.
Click here for a sampling of Shelagh’s presentations
In advance of your event
Shelagh makes time to understand your needs. You can expect her to ask questions about goals, expectations, and challenges to be overcome. She’ll listen. She’ll draw on her extensive experience and engage in research to tailor a presentation to your specific needs.
Click here for feedback from assistants, clients and more
A sampling of clients, audiences
- Administrative Professionals Conference of Canada (apc)
- American Society of Administrative Professionals’ (ASAP’s) Administrative Professionals Conference (apc USA)
- Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan)
- Executive and Personal Assistants Association (EPAA) – United Kingdom
- Executive Leadership Support (ELS) Forum
- Executive Secretary LIVE
- Governance and Presidents’ Office Professionals (CICan:GPOP)
- Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC)
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- Network PA SW1 (London, England)
- On The Right Track – Training and Consulting Inc.
- Scottish PA Network
Want to discuss your training needs or an upcoming event?